The DCDS project will develop an open, innovative multilingual Digital Competences Development System (DCDS) and use it to provide non-formal training to low-skilled adults in different European countries. The DCDS will consist of:
- The Digital Competences Development Methodology (DCDM) for the development of digital competences and related transversal skills of adults;
- The online Digital Competences Development Environment (DCDE) consisting of the following modules:
- Self-assessment tool that allows adults identify gaps in basic digital competences;
- Recommender tool that enables trainees to identify the training offers that best match their needs;
- Online tools for the management of trainees’ profiles and the definition of flexible learning pathways that combine training modules;
- Online learning application with gamification features;
- Multilingual digital open educational resources; and
- Validation and certification of digital and transversal competences.
- Personalised blended non-formal trainings composed by training modules to meet individual learning needs, which combine online learning with face-to-face support sessions by e-facilitators, and
- Handbooks and course guides for implementing the methodology to assist the trainers and the training providers in planning and delivering flexible and modular training offers
Improve basic digital and transversal competences of adult learners
DCDS will be completely aligned to the European Digital Competence Framework for Citizens – DigComp 2.1 and will promote its adoption in Europe. At least 150 adult trainees will test the DCDS during the five national pilots, while over 5000 potential users will be directly informed at local level and more than 60 million learners Europe-wide will be directly and indirectly targeted by the dissemination and exploitation activities.
Specific dissemination, raising awareness and policy advocacy activities have been planned to actively involve key stakeholders and policy makers throughout the project duration:
- Policy Influence Toolkit for training providers and policy recommendations based on data analysis for further exploitation and transfer by policy makers on e-inclusion, adult education and Digital Skills Agenda;
- DCDS multiplier events in each project country and a final project international workshop organized in Brussels with the participation of policy makers and key stakeholders; and
- Project leaflets and brochures in project languages to promote project results across Europe.